Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Work-At-Home-Mom

Yesterday was Ben's second day in a row off, for Shavuot. (I think I spelled that right but I don't actually know what the holiday is for and Joel couldn't remember either). Ben's grandparents picked him up at 1 (thank god) and took him out for the afternoon. So I just had to put up with this all morning as I tried to work:

[BEN]: I want someone to play with me!
[ME]: I can't, sweetie, I have to work. Why don't you do another art project?
[BEN]: Okay. What color should I use? Blue? or Green? Mama! MAMA! What color should I use? I think green. Whoa! Whoa! Mama look! The dinosaurs are going all gone! The volcanoes are coming! Do you love it? Isn't it beautiful? [holding up his artwork which I can only imagine is supposed to involve dinosaurs and volcanoes but i see neither one. Entire elapsed time: 2 minutes 30 seconds.]
[BEN]: Can we play hide and seek?
[ME]: No sweetie, I have work to do.
[BEN]: When are you going to be done? I want someone to play with me.
[ME]: I have a lot of work to do, sweetie. Nanny and Papa are coming to pick you up at 1.
[BEN]: My clock says it's 1 already. Call Nanny and Papa and tell them to come get me.
[ME]: It's not 1. It's 10:15.
[BEN]: I know! Let's make apple pie!

Thank goodness he is back at preschool today...

No comments: