Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Update

1. We celebrated the final night of Chanukah tonight. As the days have gone on the kids have stopped demanding their presents (probably because they got all the good stuff the first few nights). Tonight after dinner they retired to the living room to watch tv and I had to REMIND them about their presents. Ben got a game for his Leapster, which he promptly decided he didn't like because it was "a learning game". I guess the Leapster's time has passed. Becca got scrub-a-dub dogs that have "dirt" spots on them that come off in hot water. Well, Ben thought this was the coolest thing EVER. Who knew? He is in the bathtub right now playing with them. Becca seemed only mildly interested. Guess I got that one all wrong.

2. Today was Ben's last day of school before the two week winter break. It was "pajama day" so he wore his pajamas to school. Why they can't do pajama day in warmer weather is beyond me. Even in his warmest pjs he was shivering at the bus stop this morning. During the break, Ben goes to winter break camp at the JCC. They have all sorts of fun field trips and activities planned for the kids. He is really excited about it and to be off from school for two whole weeks!

3. Since we'll be in town for Christmas - Joel is working and I have to save my vacation time for Baby Robinson's arrival in (I hope!) January - I booked a "mini-vacation" here for the kids and I (and Joel hopefully will be able to meet us there after work since it's only 35-40 minutes away). We'll go on Christmas day and come home the day after. I was looking for a little getaway close by where we can have some fun and this seemed to fit the bill.

4. While everywhere north of us is bracing for a winter storm, we're getting RAINED on. There is nothing worse than 34 degrees and raining, with a wind chill. Ugh. It is the most miserable weather. Ben has been hoping it will turn to snow but so far not even a hint of changeover. I'd take snow over this weather, and you all know how I feel about snow!

That's all the news for now...

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I wish we got rained on- instead we are getting 6 inches of snow today and the forecast says we could get 12 more inches overnight :(

Kathleen said...

I think you are a little behind on your reporting...Amanda!