Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ice Skating

I took Ben and Rebecca ice skating this afternoon - neither of them had ever been, and I hadn't been on a pair of skates myself in probably 25 years ;) Becca got the hang of it (although not gracefully) pretty quickly, but Ben took a while longer. He spent the first hour gritting his teeth and staying by the wall and not looking like he was having any fun at all, but eventually got the hang of it and was able to skate without holding on and at a pretty good pace, although he did have a few wipeouts. He was smiling and enjoying it by the end. The best wipeout, unfortunately, was reserved for Mom, and if you ask Ben he will HAPPILY provide a re-enactment. I had the great misfortune also of having said,"Hey Ben can you do this?" right before it  happened, so I will definitely not ever live it down. Every time Ben sees me now he says "Hey mom, can you do this?" and then belly flops onto the ground. Which is pretty much exactly how it went down :(

No comments: