Monday, May 17, 2010

Food, Fun, Family, and More Food

This past weekend we celebrated Joel's Dad's 70th birthday. Mike and Kathleen flew in Thursday night from Philly, and the weekend was full of fun and lots of FOOD! On Friday, Kathleen and I went out to breakfast together to Terrace Cafe, where I had red velvet waffles, and Kathleen had french toast. We spent the afternoon preparing a 70th birthday feast for our father in law for dinner that included turkey burgers, grilled chicken, a chocolate cake, and a key lime pie.

Saturday was spent hanging out with the kids, who were both very happy to have their aunt and uncle visiting! We also had a yummy lunch at Boneheads (I had the Piri Piri chicken tacos) followed by frozen yogurt at Yoforia (I had pomegranite frozen yogurt with fruity pebbles on top.... mmmmm....)

Saturday night we got a babysitter and we took Joel's dad to Del Frisco's for dinner where we indulged in crab cakes, shrimp, filet mignon,wine, and all sorts of delicious side dishes and desserts. I think I am still digesting that meal. We had a great dinner and a great weekend!

No comments: