Thursday, September 2, 2010

No News

Not much has been going on the past week - we spent the weekend pretty quietly, the kids each had a play date (Becca on Saturday and Ben on Sunday), and since then we've been settling into the back to school routine. Ben has not been very communicative about first grade, except to say he likes his teacher. His general attitude in the mornings has been good, and he's had no complaints about going to school or getting on the bus, so I guess that means things are going well.

I do have some complaints about the bus - his bus driver yesterday was 30 minutes late (so much for those business cards he handed out the first day). He was fired or reassigned, not sure which, and a new driver was assigned to our route. He also got off the bus this morning and introduced himself, and promised to be on time (7:55). We'll see how that goes.

In the afternoons Ben rides the school bus home on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and so far the bus has yet to arrive on time (3:02).The other three days he gets picked up by the JCC to go to their after school program. So far that arrangement is working out fine though I do usually have to remind him in the morning which bus he's getting on in the afternoon.

In other non-news, I am in the process of planning Rebecca's 3rd birthday party, I signed Ben up for Cub Scouts (but it doesn't start for another week or so), and I finally got my DVR all installed and set up, though it required two visits from DirecTV, one visit from Time Warner, and possibly will require a visit from our security alarm company because the Time Warner guy may have screwed that up -- not sure if our alarm is being monitored or not any more. I suppose I could set it off on purpose to find out, but that doesn't appeal to me for some reason...




No comments: