Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kindle, How I Love Thee

My Kindle arrived on Monday. Since then I've been spending a lot more of my evenings reading rather than watching television. I love how you can choose one of several fonts in addition to being able to adjust the size. It's much easier for me to read in low light not only because of this but because there's no shadow across the page like there would be with a paperback. And I love how you can download a free sample chapter of any book before you decide to buy it. I downloaded a few samples of different books I'd heard about from various sources, and decided on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins for my first Kindle read... it's a quick, entertaining story. Since it's been years since I actually managed to finish a book, I figured I better ease my way into it. So far, so good!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Cool!

Grandma said...

After you 'ease your way' back into reading, I recommend CLEOPATRA by Stacy Schiff.