Wednesday, September 21, 2011

School Update

Ben got his mid-quarter progress report yesterday. His teacher cited minimal areas of academic achievement that need improvement, except for handwriting (big surprise there). She said she wants him to participate more in class discussions, and participate less discussions with his friends ;) We have a formal conference with his teacher scheduled for the end of October.

Rebecca started a dance class on Wednesdays that she gets taken to/from in the afternoons. She loves it and was so excited when she asked this morning if today was her dance class, and I said it was. She also started gym class with the famous coach Dan, and seemed rather miffed because, as she told me about 20 times, "he did not remember my name". Coach Dan has known Ben for years, but this is the first year he's had Rebecca in gym class. Apparently Rebecca felt he should have known her by osmosis.

I also signed her up for a second dance class, on Tuesdays, after hearing from no less than 3 different people that when Rebecca took the class during summer camp she a) loved it and b) the teacher apparently talked about Rebecca to so many people that it got back to me from at least the 3 people mentioned above. Finally the J actually called me to ask if I will enroll her in the class, which starts in October. So I couldn't really say no! When Rebecca found out she was going to have dance on Tuesdays AND Wednesdays, she was so excited!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

That's my girl!