Thursday, September 11, 2014

Double Bee Stings

Rebecca received her first bee sting yesterday (And poor Amelia received her 2nd and 3rd). I am not sure exactly what happened except that they were playing on my porch and seemed to have angered a nearby bee or two. I did investigate later and found no sign of bees, hive or anything suspicious in the vicinity of the porch so I can only assume it was just very bad luck!

Anyway I was at my desk working yesterday afternoon when I suddenly heard VERY LOUD SCREAMING. I rushed outside to see Amelia standing on the porch shrieking and Rebecca running up the street away from me shrieking. I incorrectly thought that Rebecca's screaming and running was due to being scared of the bee that I had by then deduced had stung Amelia. So I snatched Amelia up and brought her inside and began tending to her, only to be joined a minute later by Abby, carrying a kicking and screaming Rebecca who we quickly realized had also been stung. (Next time, I told her, please run INSIDE when you get stung, do not just take off running up the street). 

After some baking soda & water on the bee stings and some popsicles, they were doing much better. But my ears were ringing for about an hour from all the screams ;) Aunt Abby couldn't help herself in the picture taking department ;)


1 comment:

Abigail said...

Well you know it WAS kind of cute after the screaming and thrashing died down :-P