Thursday, April 21, 2016

This is the Meal that Almost Killed Me

Friday Joel and I headed to Charleston for what was supposed to be a fun birthday weekend. Unfortunately I was already not feeling very well when we left due to the stomach issues I had been suffering with for weeks, and by the time the meal below was consumed Friday night in Charleston, I was feeling downright bad. I spent most of the night up and in pain, and in the morning we decided (reluctantly) to head back to Charlotte and go to the ER. I ended up (to make a long story short) admitted to the hospital for 2 days while they ran tests, finally doing an endoscopic ultrasound Monday morning where they found two large ulcers at the start of my small intestine. I am now on Prilosec twice a day and instructions to be very careful of what I eat for the next 4-6 weeks while the ulcers heal. The cause of the ulcers is unknown, as I tested negative for the bacteria that commonly causes ulcers. 

The meal (At SNOB [Slightly North of Broad]):


Thanks for the pretty get well flowers, Kathleen and Mike!


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness. So not fun. Hope you are already feeling much better.