Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekend Wrap-up

The weekend went by too fast as usual! Ben had a flag football game on Saturday which started out pretty annoying because an email received Thursday listed the wrong field location (and apparently I was the only one to read the email and go to the wrong field location). But we managed to get to the correct field just as the game was starting. Ben is sharing QB duties with a kid who can't hit the broad side of the barn, so by the time Ben was put in as QB his team was down 4 touchdowns to 0. Ben managed to bring his team back into the game with 3 touchdowns during the second half. I know it's good to let another kid who wants to play QB have a chance, but hopefully they can figure out a winning strategy at some point :)

We also went to Burger 21 for dinner (Caroline's choice) where I had to pay up $5 to Ben who ordered 2 chili dogs, fries and a milkshake and I bet him he could not eat all of it. He did. The chili dogs were huge. He ordered two because he wasn't sure if one would be enough - it definitely would have been!

Joel took Caroline for a new bike yesterday and came home with a 20 inch Trek. She is just barely big enough for it, but she was slightly too big for the 16 inch. Unfortunately since she still can't stop, this presents a problem as only her tippy toes touch the ground so the usual strategy of dragging her feet to stop doesn't work. We are going to have to do a serious braking boot camp with this girl!

Ben cooked dinner for the third Sunday in a row this weekend. He made stuffed peppers, which I thought was a surprising choice as I've never made them but he informed me it was the number one recipe on food.com or something ;) They turned out very well! When he cooks I stay in the kitchen with him and talk him through each step but let him do the work himself. I do have to help him dice vegetables and onions -- he does it and then I do a second pass just to make sure it's a fine enough dice. I think it is a good way for him to learn to cook and I can imagine that soon enough I won't be needed in the kitchen at all on Sundays!

I also had my first workout with my Moms in Training team yesterday morning at the JCC. Joel was in the gym and Ben and Rebecca were at religious school so I brought Caroline to the babysitting room which she gave me the evil eye / silent treatment for. The workout was really good! As evidenced by the fact that I am totally sore this morning. My arms are killing me from push ups, my legs are killing me from squats, etc.

Thank you so much to those of you who have donated already to our team! Your generosity is appreciated so much! If you have not donated yet, the link is below. Please consider supporting our team by making a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! We have 9 weeks to go!

My Fundraising Page

No comments: