Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mid Week Update

1. It's freezing, currently 28 and only going up to 43. Since I make my dinner menus weeks in advance, I stupidly assumed that March 15 would be warm enough to grill tonight. So now I'm supposed to grill tonight. Sigh.

2. Caroline is Kid of the Week this week. In addition to her poster, she needed to bring in her favorite toy and book yesterday. When I brought her in to school this morning her teachers gushed and gushed about how at circle time Caroline announced that SHE was going to read the book to the class instead of the teacher, and her teacher thought "uh oh, this may take awhile" but Caroline read the book fluently, with proper inflection and not a single mistake. Her teachers were SO IMPRESSED.

3. The Israel trip / Bar Mitzvah prep is about to kick into high gear. I just realized that besides Hebrew school once a week and Bar Mitzvah tutoring once a week, and the 12 hours of community service Ben still has to do, and the 3 Friday night and 5 Saturday morning services Ben still has to attend, during April and May we also have three meetings with the rabbi about the Bar Mitzvah speech writing (nevermind actually writing the speech and all that) and another three meetings about the Israel trip itself,  and then two rehearsals. My brain is about to explode just thinking about all that.

4. Becca is determined to try out for the spring talent show at school. Her piano teacher is teaching her Canon in D for the audition I have told Rebecca to promise me that if she doesn't get into the talent show, she will not be discouraged and will try again next year! She has only been taking lessons since January. The audition is March 28. I really admire her determination! Since she has to wear the same clothes to the audition as she would be wearing in the actual performance, I have dutifully ordered her a sparkly black and silver outfit :)

No comments: