Monday, January 15, 2018

Hamilton!

Eventually, anyway! I had originally wanted to take Joel to NY to see Hamilton for his 45th birthday in April, but procuring those tickets at this point would have necessitating paying somewhere between 2 and 4 times face value on the resale market, so instead I got on the ball for the block of tickets that goes on sale tomorrow to the general public for performances between mid August and mid- January. I signed up for the verified fan pre-sale through Ticketmaster, and was able to get an access code through their lottery system and scored tickets for the 2PM show on our anniversary, October 27th. I *think* the seats are pretty good, I selected "best available" and it came up with orchestra level, left of center stage, row L. Now I have like 9 months to plan the rest of the NYC weekend ;) Starting with where to eat dinner - Nobu again?? Decisions, decisions :) And as a footnote, YES I know the touring production of Hamilton will be right here in Charlotte next October - but getting those tickets for such a limited engagement and with so many tickets already having been set aside for season ticket holders seemed like it would probably be even harder than getting tickets for the NY show. Also, there's talk that they may not even put those tickets on sale until a couple of weeks before the show to try to put a damper on the illegal resale market, and if I waited that long to try to get tickets and couldn't get them I'd be sad, so sad LOL. This girl likes to plan things far in advance, in case you hadn't noticed. Hamilton, here I come! Later.

No comments: