Monday, January 22, 2018

Peace and Quiet

I am enjoying my first day of having the house to myself in over a week! Thanks to MLK day, Ben's stomach bug and 3 snow days, Ben didn't go to school for a week and the girls only went one day last week. Caroline also came down with the stomach bug Thursday night, but had fully recovered by Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed that Becca doesn't come down with it! She and I are the only ones who avoided it.

We also had a minor(ish) flooding issue, when Ben clogged one of the upstairs toilets and it overflowed and ended up in my kitchen. The kitchen ceiling looks more or less okay, and I went out and bought some caulk over the weekend and caulked the heck out of both upstairs bathrooms in the hope of preventing any such thing from occurring again since this is the second time that has happened.

And in good news, the Eagles are  heading to the Super Bowl for a rematch against the Patriots, so I guess I need to plan a super bowl party!

No comments: