Saturday, April 11, 2009

Frogs & Turtles

This morning I took the kids to the McDowell Nature Center on the grounds of the McDowell Nature Preserve, which offers a "Young Naturalist" series of classes for preschool aged children that meets once a month on Saturday mornings. This was our first visit to the nature center. I had read that this morning's class (called "Froggy Days") was all about frogs, so I thought Ben would be interested in that. While he learned all about frogs and went on a nature walk in the preserve to see frog habitats, Becca and I looked at the aquariums and played in the activity center. Becca seemed particularly smitten with an aquarium of aquatic turtles -- she kept running up to it, screaming, then turning around and running away. Both the kids seemed to have a good time, so I'm sure we'll be going back there again sometime.


No comments: