Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back to Reality!!

Sorry for the lack of blogging. On Friday night my friend Jessica arrived for a visit from Philadelphia, and seeing as how it was her first trip to Charlotte we had a lot on our "to do" list including eating at a variety of establishments (Pinkberry, Miro, Big Daddy's), go places (Carolina Raptor Center, US National Whitewater Center), and threw in some errands and schlepping of kids to birthday parties and doctor appointments in there as well.

We took Rebecca to her 3 year old well exam yesterday, where she weighed in at 32 pounds and change, and measured at 39 inches (90th percentile for height). She was not particularly thrilled to be at the doctor, but she didn't need any shots, just the nasal flu vaccine, so she was reasonably accomodating with that.

After dropping her off at preschool and doing a couple errands, Jessica and I headed to the US National Whitewater Center, with an original plan of maybe doing some rock climbing, but soon changed our minds and instead did flat water kayaking, and the aerial adventure course and climb-to-zip line. Afterwards we relaxed at the rivers edge cafe with some chili and beer and sweet potato fries. Today my arms are totally sore from the kayaking and the adventure course. But I'm quite pleased that we went to the USNWC because my only prior time there was with the kids, and we weren't able to do much. They have a lot more stuff there than I realized, including geo-caching and some additional zip line stuff opening soon. So now that it's back on my radar screen I am definitely going to get back there!

Today I am trying to get back into the work-routine, the blogging routine, laundry routine, etc. Back to reality!!

No comments: