Thursday, July 7, 2011

Doctor Visits

Today I had my 16 week OB visit, and Ben had his 7 year well exam. My OB visit was short and sweet; baby's heart rate is measuring at 160 beats per minute (do we have a gender prediction based on this? Abby says girl, but the web sites I have looked at says there's no correlation between fetal heart rate and gender...). I also got a blood test to screen for spina bifida.

Later in the afternoon I took Ben to his 7 year well exam, which went routinely except for Rebecca having to pee a total of 3 times while we were there, and the embarrassment of Ben being asked to strip down to his underwear, and his reply: "I can't, I'm not wearing any. I lost them at camp today."

Ben weighed in at 56 pounds (compared with 50 last year, I was happy with this improvement), and 53 inches tall. He continues to be in the 75th percentile for weight and >97th percentile for height. His weight percentile is misleading, because he is so tall - he looks extremely skinny though as usual the doctor was not concerned :P

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Wow! Way to go Ben. Keep eating that Nutella:)

Abigail said...

How exactly does one lose their underwear at camp....? ;) Ben only has 3 pounds on Charlie...

Kathleen said...

Girl! (i was right last time, wasn't I). :pppppp