Monday, November 7, 2011

Daylight Savings

I did not bother to turn the clocks back an hour until after we woke up yesterday morning - less psychologically painful that way, when the dog starts whining to be let out of her crate at 6:30 (5:30).

So yesterday morning Ben ambles downstairs in his pajamas at what he thinks is a few minutes after 8 and announces, "Looks like I overslept... I guess I am going to have to skip Hebrew school!" The confused/sheepish look on his face was priceless when I patted him on the cheek and told him it was actually only 7 o'clock, and he had plenty of time to make it to Hebrew school on time.

This morning he was confused again, wondering why it was light out already at 7 am as we were walking to the bus stop. So again I explained the time change to him, to which he stopped dead in his tracks and said, "Wait - it's really 8 o'clock? Did I miss the bus?"

Ironically, he seemed to have a much better understanding of the plot of Back to the Future, which we watched together the other night, than he does of the simple time change :)

No comments: