Monday, July 1, 2013

Super Dad!

I have to give credit to Joel, he managed to cram a lot of activity into our day yesterday, despite my skepticism that we could get everything accomplished:

1. He watched the kids while I went to the 9am boxing class,
2. Then he went for a 5 mile run,
3. Then after lunch he took Ben and Becca to see Monsters University,
4. Then he took them to Best Buy, where he bought a Sonos Play 3 for my office, a Sonos sound bar for the living room, a wall mount for the living room TV, and scheduled someone to come mount the TV and the sound bar on the wall for the end of next week.
5. Then I met him and the kids at the JCC with Caroline, and Joel played basketball with Ben for an hour.
6. Then we went out to dinner,
7. Then Joel did the grocery shopping for the week!

While Joel was grocery shopping I set up the Play 3 in my office. The sound equipment is all my early birthday present, by the way. Now I can listen to whatever music I want in my office, or whatever radio station I want, or my iTunes library, or stream music from Rhapsody or Pandora or pretty much anything at all. And I can control it all with my iPhone. Soon we will be able to do the same thing in the living room; the sound bar had to be ordered since it was not in stock, and will be delivered this Friday. The only thing on my wish list that did not get accomplished yet is to be able to play music on the back deck, we discovered that there is some issue with the wiring out there plus Sonos does not yet make an outdoor unit, so we would have needed to a) figure out the wiring issue and b) spend an extra $500 on another piece of Sonos equipment to use the existing outdoor speakers with the Sonos system. So we decided to hold off on that for now.

After I set the Sonos up in my office I called Ben downstairs to see it, because I knew he would appreciate it. He is really into music lately. He took one look at it, grabbed my iPhone from me and started blasting music with great enthusiasm. In fact he and Rebecca kicked me out of my office, shut the doors, and had their own little dance party.

Anyway thanks to Joel for a busy and fun Sunday!

No comments: