Saturday, April 26, 2008

Smiling Happy Children Not Included


Today we shopped for a playset for the back yard. This is the one we decided on (pictured here on their web site, www.rainbowdirect.com). You would have thought that, upon being told that he was gettting a slide, swings, rock wall, fort, picnic table, etc of his very own Ben would have been excited, maybe jumped up and down... But no... He asked if it was coming today to our back yard and I told him no, it wouldn't be coming for a couple of weeks. He seemed to lose interest after that and went back to playing on the display models. So at this point I am a lot more excited about it than he is. I am sure when he actually sees it he will be thrilled. I am thrilled at the prospect of him being able to entertain himself in the back yard now without my active involvement, since he has just learned how to "pump" his legs so he can swing himself. We got a bucket swing for Rebecca so she won't be left out of the fun. When we actually get it I will post pictures of my actual children actually enjoying it. Stay tuned.

No comments: