Thursday, May 1, 2008

Conversation, Interrupted

The following conversation is "creatively remembered." Ben, Rebecca and I joined 3 other moms on our cul de sac and their children at Five Guys for dinner last night. So in total there were four moms, four boys ages 2-4 and two 7-month-old girls.

[Cheryl to Elizabeth]: So how does Kevin like his new job so far?
[Cheryl to Carson]: Carson! Sit still and eat your dinner!
[Elizabeth to Cheryl]: He likes it so far but --
[Julie to Mason]: Sit down, honey.
[Elizabeth to Matthew]: Matthew, sit down in your seat! All your friends are sitting in their seats.
[Carson to Elizabeth]: Mason isn't sitting down.
[Elizabeth to Cheryl]: It's only been a week so far -
[Elizabeth to Matthew]: If you want to play on the playground you need to eat your dinner.
[Ben to me]: Excuse me.
[Ben to me]: Excuse me mommy.
[me to Ben]: Yes Ben?
[Ben to me]: Matthew's not sitting down.
[Me to Ben]: Don't worry about what Matthew's doing, just eat your dinner.
[Elizabeth to Matthew]: Sit down and eat your dinner.
[Cheryl to Carson]: Sit down and eat your dinner.
[Julie to Mason]: Sit down and eat your dinner.
[Baby Rebecca, to all]: Waaaaaa!

No comments: