Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Words of Advice

Tomorrow from 11:30 to 1:00 another mother and I are subbing in Ben's classroom so that his teachers can attend a teacher appreciation luncheon. This morning on the way to preschool Ben offered some advice.

"Keep an eye on Ava," he told me. "She bites. If she bites, or hits or scratches, send her to the timeout chair."

"Okay..." I said, not paying much attention.

"And Rami needs to sit by himself during lunch," he continued.

"He does? Why?" Paying slightly more attention now.

"Because he screams."

"He screams?"

"Yes. Like this." Ben demonstrated loudly. I wasn't looking at him because I was driving but I could see his arms flail over his head in the rearview mirror.

Now Ben has my full attention. "Why... why does he scream?"

"I don't know," Ben said, "But he screams during lunch. If he screams, send him to Ms. Tootie's office. Do you know where Ms. Tootie's office is?"

"Yeah.." I am suddenly having second thoughts about this...

No comments: