Friday, March 27, 2009

Ambitious Plans

Joel is spending the weekend doing some last minute cramming for his board exam, which is Monday in Raleigh (he's driving to Raleigh Sunday afternoon and staying overnight). The forecast is calling for rain. Up until about 4pm today I had no idea what I was going to do to keep this kids occupied and out of Joel's hair this weekend. Then I did some internet research and came up with a plan.

Tomorrow I am going to take the kids to the AKC National Agility Championships, which are being held... well... somewhere vaguely near here, north east of Charlotte someplace I think. All I need to know is my GPS knows where it is ;) I figure this will be perfect for Ben and his new-found love of dog breeds... I mean, what could be better than getting to watch all different kinds of dogs run obstacle courses? And even better, admission is free. Hopefully Rebecca will enjoy watching all the dogs too (as long as we don't get too close to them, then she will freak).

Further research led to the discovery that the Laurie Berkner Band is playing in Charlotte on Sunday afternoon, and tickets were still available. If you have kids you probably know who Laurie Berkner is. It' s a good thing the dog show is free because Laurie Berkner tickets so aren't free. In fact I was rather amazed by how NOT FREE they are, even for children under 2. I hope they like it, and I hope Rebecca doesn't mind missing her nap for it!

Anyway, wish me luck with my ambitious solo plans, and wish Joel luck on his exam!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

GOOD LUCK and GOOD LUCK!!!

Denise said...

I love Laurie Berkner!!!! I think I wanted to have a kid just as an excuse to listen to more Laurie Berkner! Have fun at the concert!