Friday, March 13, 2009

Here Comes the Rain

Mom and Dad arrived yesterday evening from Philadelphia. Just in time for their arrival the weather turned from sunny and 75 to rainy and 45 leaving me to point to the green grass and flowering trees as proof that YES IT REALLY IS SPRING HERE I SWEAR I WAS NOT MAKING IT UP! What's worse, it looks like the bad weather is going to be with us all weekend long.

Mom and Dad went to Grandparents Day at Ben's school today, which they (and Ben) enjoyed very much. Ben is thrilled to have two whole extra people visiting who will do puzzles and play Concentration with him. (He thoroughly kicked my mom's butt at Concentration last night).

Becca, who doesn't know my parents very well yet, has warmed up nicely to my Mom. They exchanged some high fives last night. If there's one sure way to get into Becca's good graces, it's to offer her some high fives (or cake). She likes my Dad from a distance, but if he gets too close she squawks and throws herself into my arms and buries her face in my shoulder. It's nothing personal, Dad -- you're just too damn tall!

No comments: