Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nothing Much

Here is a random picture I took of Rebecca this morning while she was watching Sesame Street. Whenever I take her picture now she says "Cheeeeeese!" and then she comes over to see the picture I took. When I show her, she pokes the camera and says "Becca! Becca!" and laughs.

Ben's favorite part of his first week of summer camp so far was making an erupting volcano yesterday out of laundry detergent, baking soda and vinegar (or so he told me). Also re: camp, I discovered the down side to those spray cans of sunblock... I sent Ben to camp with one of them this week, and yesterday when he came home I noticed the can was almost empty already. I asked him what happened to all his sunblock and he said "Uuuuhhhh... me and Harris had a sunblock fight in the bathroom." I obviously need to pack him a less entertaining form of sun protection.

Joel put the kids to bed last night because I was at a Mother's Night Out with some of the moms in Ben's class. When I got home and checked on the kids I found them both asleep in long pajamas (it's 90 degrees out). This in spite of the fact that I had already bathed Becca and put her in her pajamas before I left, precisely so Joel wouldn't have to do anything except put her in her crib. So he undressed her and redressed her. I cranked up the upstairs AC and left her alone. Ben got up 3 times in the middle of the night last night, and at some point in there changed his pajamas himself.

Joel and I opened the basketball hoop box the other day and confirmed that it is way beyond our technical expertise (i.e: requires more than a screwdriver to assemble). So it is scheduled for professional installation on Monday. I'm not terribly optimistic though because I arranged it with the company that the sporting goods store recommended, and I had to tell the woman on the phone 4 times that it was a basketball hoop and not a treadmill and that I don't live in New York. Someone in New York may get a treadmill on Monday, but we'll see if I actually get a basketball hoop.

That's all I've got for today - nothing much.

1 comment:

umang said...

Pratham does the same thing when i take his pic. I m in reston, va now. Canada was awesome. I m in pa frm monday. U coming?:)