Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy to be Home!

I got home from Boston last night, arriving to a CLEAN HOUSE thanks to the cleaning service, which came Wednesday (although Joel claims the house was not in too bad shape before that but not sure I believe it). I arrived in time to say goodnight to Rebecca who was half asleep in her crib and paid me very little mind except to mumble something about polar bears. Ben acted happier to see me, and I was in time for his bedtime stories and to tuck him into bed.

This morning it was back to reality -- squabbles over breakfast, arguments about which Backyardigans episode to watch after breakfast, tantrums over not allowing Becca to climb into her car seat by herself (she was taking too long), and a long wait in the cold for a school bus that was 25 minutes late (by which time Ben was whining and Becca was bawling outright).

And then, back to work and the 80 emails sitting in my inbox... Ahhhh, so nice to be home....

No comments: