Friday, January 29, 2010

What's New

The answer to that question is, unfortunately, nothing much. The week started out very busy at work, and I spent a couple of long nights working until almost midnight trying to meet unrealistic deadlines. By mid-week I was cranky and sleep deprived, and feeling like senility was rapidly setting in and all of the non-work balls that were up in the air -- field trips, birthday parties, school projects and about a million other little things -- were about to all come crashing down on me. I am happy to say that I have somewhat recovered from this feeling of impending doom ;)

Last night I went to dinner at Fiamma, a cute and yummy Italian restaurant, with all of the Moms in Rebecca's preschool class as well as her teacher, Miss Lindsay. It was a lot of fun, and so nice that all the moms were able to make it! I told Rebecca this morning, "I saw Miss Lindsay last night." She narrowed her eyes and pouted for a moment and replied, "MY Lindsay!" She is very possessive.

Snow is in the air, supposedly. Or rather, snow, sleet and freezing rain -- two to four inches possible starting late this afternoon and continuing through much of the day tomorrow. I thought about the fact that I don't have a snow shovel, or a sled, and whether or not I have boots that fit either of the kids is questionable at best, but then decided that if I attempted to procure any of these items none of them will turn out to be necessary. So, unprepared is how we shall remain.

No comments: