Monday, August 23, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

This morning I took Ben to his elementary school's Open House day to meet his new first grade teacher, Ms. Bean. She is very tall, very skinny, and Ben hid behind me when I tried to introduce him to her. But she seemed nice. I got Ben's school supply list, and tonight I embarked on the annual scavenger hunt, which took about 3 hours and 3 stores to complete. (Minus one pink beveled eraser, which I just couldn't seem to find).

The item that took the longest to find were four black Marble composition books. You know, those ones you see ALL THE TIME and never buy because who wants a notebook without perforated sheets? Anyway, I totally couldn't find them in 3 different stores. Then finally, as I was about to give up for the evening, there they were: exactly four black marble composition books, sitting all by themselves on top of a shelf of other stuff near the register. Heavenly light shone down on them, angels sang, and I quick grabbed them before anyone could beat me to them.

School starts Wednesday. We've been sleeping until 7:45 all summer, and now we're going to need to be heading out the door to the bus stop at 7:45. Tomorrow we're going to do a dry run - I set Ben's alarm to 6:50. He doesn't know it yet though. It's sure to be a pleasant morning.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Miss Bean? Really? That's funny. Get the kids to bed early tonight!