Thursday, October 4, 2012

Modern Technology and Random Stuff

Modern Tech-
I am a little dubious about this one, but I gave it a try. I used my bank's mobile app to deposit a check by taking a picture of the front and back of the check. I wonder if it will actually work? If so, it will be a convenient way to deposit the rent check that we get every month for the other house (really the only live check we get on a regular basis). I tested it out with a random check from the dentist's office, I guess we overpaid at some point. I am keeping the paper check for a while, in case it doesn't go through -- I have my doubts ;)

Random-
I happened to notice the stock price of Apple the other day after not having noticed it for like literally years. Back in 2000, or around there sometime, when Apple's stock crashed, I had the foresight to buy some at $23 a share. Unfortunately I did not have nearly enough foresight, because I sold it when it got back up to $60 or so a share a couple years later (when I was buying a house in MA at the height of the real estate market.... Okay let's not go there). What I *should* have done was to liquidate all my assets and put EVERYTHING in Apple and then just sit tight for a dozen years. I'd be a millionaire a couple times over by now. Seriously. Crap.

If you get any random texts and you aren't sure who they are from, they might be from Ben. He discovered how to text using his iPod and iMessage, and he is becoming a total menace. I stopped him in the nick of time from texting Grandma at 6:30 a.m (You're welcome).

No comments: