Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ten Years!

Today is Joel and my 10th anniversary! (Can you say WOW?) Joel is working this weekend, and we have a babysitter lined up for all-weekend-long two weeks from now, so we decided to forego any special anniversary celebration until then. Nevertheless we did go out to dinner (with kids), at Zen Asian Fusion. Zen is owned by the people who own my favorite restaurant, Miro, and is a fusion of Spanish and Asian. So Ben got to order Sesame Chicken (the kid has lived on sesame chicken ever since the stomach bug hit for some reason) and I got to order my favorite meal: pork tenderloin with chimichuri sauce, black beans, rice and plantains, and tres leche cake for dessert. And a glass of sangria. The kids were fairly well behaved, and I gave a toast that went something like this: "Kids, ten years ago right about now, your father and I got married, and we got married without a single thought in our little heads about where we would be or what life would be like ten years later, and... well, here we are." ;)

Seriously though, I could not have imagined a more amazing "ten years later" even if I had given any thought to it! Happy anniversary Joel!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Love this post- Happy Anniversary to two awesome people.

Abigail said...

Congratulations!!!