Friday, January 25, 2013

Stupid Weather!

The forecast for this afternoon was for freezing rain, so before even a drop of anything had fallen from the sky Ben's school had announced a 2 hour early dismissal and Rebecca's school had announced a 1pm dismissal. Unfortunately this meant that Ben actually got off the bus *more* than two hours early, and I was still out getting Rebecca when he got home. He saw the note I left on the door (telling him to come inside and call my cell if he got home before me), and promptly ignored it and went to a neighbor's house. Who texted me fortunately to tell me where he was.

Caroline's day care eventually closed also, and we decided we'd better bag the plans we had to go out to dinner tonight so cancelled our babysitter - and then the restaurant we had reservations at called to tell us they were closing anyway.

To be fair we did get about an hour or so of sleet /freezing rain this afternoon. But it seems to have stopped already. Looks like we're staying in tonight though!

No comments: