Thursday, March 14, 2013

Taxes, and More Diarrhea

So after fooling me into thinking she was on the mend, Caroline's intestinal troubles returned with a vengeance yesterday, forcing her removal from day care at around 1pm... Fortunately that was just in time for her nap, so I was able to get another couple hours of work done after I brought her home. Unfortunately I was up at 4 am this morning giving her a bath and changing her sheets. If this morning has been any indication, she'll be staying home with me tomorrow too. She's on her second change of clothes already and it's scarcely 9am.

Joel and I did our taxes last night, which followed the predictable pattern - the phrase "We should have voted for Romney" did come out of Joel's mouth once (and I reminded him that it wouldn't be "tax night" if he did not say something like that at least once). He abandoned the effort to go put the kids to bed, leaving me to whittle down the 18k deficit we faced after entering income/before deductions, to about 5k when we finished. Which wasn't much worse than last year despite more income, so we called it a success and got everything wrapped up and e-filed.

So there you have it, two very pleasant subjects, taxes and diarrhea ;)

No comments: