Monday, June 3, 2013

One Week Left...

One week left of school for both Ben and Rebecca, and then we head to Hilton Head for a much-anticipated beach week!! I can't wait!!!

We had a lot of activities going on this weekend -- Ben had an end-of-year sleepover on Friday night with some of his 3rd grade classmates, where he reports that they had a water balloon fight at 10pm , and he may have gotten a couple of hours of sleep. He did actually (amazingly) take a nap Saturday afternoon, after we threatened his life if he didn't ;) (He was being a total sleep-deprived pain in the butt). After he woke up we headed with the whole family to his friend Jared's house, where another group of friends was gathered for a barbecue in honor of Jared's send-off to camp -- he is spending 9 weeks at sleep-away camp, and wanted to have all his friends over before he leaves.

After all the activity on Saturday, it's no wonder that both Ben and Rebecca slept until almost 9am Sunday morning! (Caroline of course was up by her usual 7ish). Sunday was filled with more activities, including a pool party for one of Rebecca's friends, and while Joel and I took her and Caroline to that Ben got to see the new Star Trek movie and go out to dinner with Papa and Mary. He came home so ridiculously sugared / caffeined up it was funny for about 10 minutes but after that Joel and I started to lose patience. He was literally jogging around the house talking a mile a minute. He had a great time though and thought the movie was awesome, and tried repeatedly to ruin it for Joel and I who still haven't seen it ;)

Also yesterday I attended my first kickboxing class at Title Boxing Club and today I am so ridiculously sore it is completely pathetic. I have lost almost 25 pounds since January and have only 2 or 3 pounds to go to hit my (downwardly revised) goal weight, and I want to add some fun/challenging exercise to my routine to actually get in shape. I signed up for a 6 month membership, and my goal is to go 3 times a week. Something tells my I am going to need some advil before I go again tomorrow, because right now I can't even cross/uncross my legs at my desk without being in pain, and picking up Caroline the umpteen times she needed/demanded to be picked up this morning was just torture!


No comments: