Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bagels & Blocks


This morning was bagels & blocks at Caroline's preschool. Of course, I had to supply Caroline's (gluten free) bagel for her, which, after 30 minutes baking in the oven came out crusty and delicious looking, and seemed to have held up better than I expected it to on the ride to school / wait for the festivities to begin. Of course after all the trouble I went to, Caroline took about 3 bites of her bagel and opted to gorge herself on fruit instead! The bagels are ones that my cousin recommended, but they are uncooked so need to be baked. So they are kind of a pain in the ass. This, my second attempt at making one, came out much better than the first time I tried, which was marred by a malfunctioning toaster oven / impatient child ("I want bagel! I want bagel!") and didn't seem to rise all the way. Bagel number two (skipped the toaster oven and went straight to the regular oven) looked much better but Caroline didn't seem overly impressed with it ;) Oh well. At least I have the ability to supply a bagel for her when necessary!

No comments: