Monday, August 4, 2014

Got My Boy Back! And my House Back! And, Took Ben for a Checkup

On Sunday morning we drove the hour-ish from the Lake Lure area to pick up Ben at Camp Blue Star. I will overlook the fact that he didn't seem *quite* as happy to see us as we were to see him ;) He had an awesome three weeks at camp, said it went by very quickly, he wasn't homesick, and pronounced it to be "the best camp ever" and is already asking how long he can go for, next summer ;) I did a lot of laundry when we got home to our EMPTY house! Yes the Robinson clan moved into their own house yesterday, and while they are surely taking a while to get all set up in their new house, we have been getting settled in as a family of five again :)

Ben's laundry smelled rather funky, and so did he despite swearing that he showered every day at camp. He came home with several stained-beyond-repair t shirts, one of which I held up for his inspection and he replied "Ohhhhh.... wing night!" He also managed to lose his Keens and his Under Armour sweatshirt (probably the two things I would have told him not to lose if I had my choice about what he was going to lose).

This week Ben is home with me, having rejected my suggestion to sign him up for basketball camp for the week. He goes back to Camp Mindy for two more weeks starting next week. Caroline started her first day in Ms. Betty's three year old preschool class today (or rather, the all-of-us-turn-three-between-September-and-December-class ;)

I took Ben for his 10 year old well checkup today, and he is 60 1/4 inches and 79.4 pounds, which is still tracking along at >97th percentile for height and 70th for weight. The doctor said it would be nice if he could do some "good eating" between now and when he goes back on his ADHD meds when school starts. Otherwise it was an uneventful checkup and Ben was happy to know that he does not need any shots until next year ;)

No comments: