Monday, July 20, 2009

Ill Advised

About once a year I undertake a thorough washing of Rebecca's car seat, involving the removal and machine-washing of the fabric, and the hand-washing of the straps and base. Today I undertook such an endeavor, and (as if it wasn't enough of a pain in the ass by itself) I combined it with a dis-assembly and washing of the kitchen booster seat, which has a machine-washable covering as well. This undertaking was precipitated by a disastrous spilling-of-the-chocolate-milk on the car seat yesterday, turning her once lovely soft and pink car seat into a stiff, grayish-brown stained shell of its former beauty.

Why I am choosing to undertake such a time-consuming and difficult task in the middle of a work day, the day before leaving on a business trip (i.e. I have a million other things to do) is a question worth considering. However, I am hopeful that by the time I have to go pick her up later this afternoon, her car seat will be as fresh-smelling and pretty and soft as the day she first sat in it. Hopefully.

UPDATE: I finished washing the seat, put it all back together and put it back in the car. And I only have one piece left over... hmmm...


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Is it back to being pink?