Saturday, July 11, 2009

An Unexpected Errand

This morning the kids and I were getting ready to head out for our usual round of Saturday morning errands -- today's scheduled stops included the grocery store, the car wash, and the gas station. But as I was walking around to the driver's side of the car after helping Ben with his seat belt, I noticed a baby turtle in our driveway. Now, we have seen many little snakes and lizards in the driveway since our move to Charlotte, but this was the first time we'd had a turtle pay us a visit. Since it was so little and Ulysses was eyeing it hungrily, I decided we needed to add another stop to our list of errands. I put the turtle in a bucket and gave it to Ben to hold and on our way out of the development we drove over to the lake (the lake I didn't know we had until a couple months ago). Ben released the turtle in the grass by the lake, and Becca waved and called "Bye baby! Bye turtle!"

No comments: