Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ben's New Room



Today, pre-Halloween festivities, we moved Ben's room into what was formerly the guest room and moved the guest room into the bonus room, which had been Ben's room... Why Ben had occupied a 20 by 20 square foot domain in this house when space is at a premium, I am not quite sure. It had something to do with the fact that Joel wanted a "dedicated guest room" and I went along with it because I was convinced I was having a boy and that the bonus room could be the bedroom for both boys and all their toys, leaving two extra rooms upstairs, one for the guest room and one for my office. Of course, we all know how that turned out, and two years later my office was still in my bedroom and I was beginning to complain loudly that we needed to do some rearranging. So today we finally made it happen. Now Ben has a much more appropriately sized room, and the bonus room is now home to the guest bedroom furniture, a futon which is serving as a couch/extra bed, and little tv which will eventually be replaced by another big screen tv. Soon my desk will make the move up there, and eventually it will be joined by an elliptical, the aforementioned new tv, some video game chairs... and we'll have a nice multi-purpose room.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great move!

Grandma said...

What was Ben's reaction to his new room?

Amanda said...

Ben likes his new room... he only complained a little bit about the move, which is what bribery is for ;)