Sunday, October 4, 2009

Touch A Truck

Today I took the kids to the Touch a Truck festival, which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like... they have all kinds of trucks -- ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, construction equipment, a helicopter, boats, etc and the kids can climb on/ in them. They also had a bounce house, pony rides, food, balloon art, etc. To my surprise Becca got just as much enjoyment from climbing on all the trucks as Ben did. She especially seemed to like the ambulances, and at one point was sitting in an ambulance in between two paramedics, having a chat with them. Her favorite thing was probably the bounce house, which I shouldn't've let her go in because it was for ages 3 and up, but she wasn't about to take no for an answer. She sat down, took her shoes off, and planted herself firmly in line. So I gave in, since they were only letting a few kids in at a time anyway. When it was time to go we watched the helicopter take off, and the kids both loved that -- even with (Or maybe because of) the noise/wind from the helicopter blades-- they were jumping up and down in excitement as the helicopter took off.

It would have ranked as a pretty successful outing, except that on the way home I rear-ended a Ford Expedition at a stop light. I was traveling at an excessively slow rate of speed, and there was no damage to the Expedition and not really any damage to my car except for that the Expedition's trailer hitch went through the front license plate holder thing of my car. But I don't think any actual car was damaged. But, yes I have learned my lesson -- I need to spend more time watching the road and less time fielding food, beverage, toy, and radio requests from the back seat!

Here are some pictures from the Touch A Truck festival:


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Great pictures! Glad all of you are okay after the accident! :)