Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dinner At The Movies

Last night Joel's mom awesomely offered to babysit and Joel and I went out to dinner and a movie. Or more precisely, we had dinner at the movies. We went downtown to the movie theatre at The Epicentre, which is really cool because it's got this fancy restaurant inside it called The Mez and you can order from the bar and then go into your movie with a pager, and they page you when your food is ready, and you go get it and bring it into the theater with you. The theater has bigger than normal seats with a little tray built into the arm rest that you can put a plate on. Now, I wouldn't order something that you needed to eat with a knife and fork, because that might be a little bit of a challenge technically, but I ordered a pressed cuban sandwich and Joel ordered a barbecue chicken pizza, both of which were perfectly suited to eating while watching a movie. And delicious I might add.

So, it was a neat experience to get to eat dinner (and drink beer!) at the movies... and it is a good solution to the problem that when we go to dinner and a movie I usually either feel rushed during dinner, or feel like I am going to be out way too late. So... now I know I can do both at the same time :) The movie we saw was Zombie Land, which was a bit gross in parts, but very funny. And I hate zombie movies. But zombie comedies are I guess OK in my book.

We also walked around The Epicentre a bit, which was the first time we'd been there. It's a three-story collection of restaurants, bars, the movie theater, a bowling alley, and some retail stores located right in the middle of downtown. Pretty neat. We found a fancy asian restaurant there called Enso that we want to try when we have a chance-- we stopped in and checked out the menu. $21 for orange chicken -- that better be some mighty fine orange chicken!

Anyway, it was a good date night place! I am sure we'll be back.

No comments: