Friday, October 9, 2009

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

So, y'all remember the other day when I mentioned I'd been in a minor fender-bender with a Ford Expedition... So minor it could barely be classified as a fender-bender? Well, I got a call from my insurance company today, who'd been contacted by AN ATTORNEY'S OFFICE who is representing the driver of the other vehicle, WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE BEEN INJURED in this minor fender-bender that didn't even damage his car... but wait... wait... it gets better... the driver claimed that his car that was involved was an early 90s model Ford Ranger pickup truck. While we were exchanging information, he mentioned to me that his "other truck" had been rear-ended the week before. So I can only surmise he is trying to pass off the damage to that truck, and some injury sustained in that accident, as having taken place in the accident with me. After I gave my statement to the insurance agent (wherein I emphatically made known that I had in no way, shape or form hit a Ford Ranger pickup truck, and that the car I hit appeared undamaged except possibly for a very slightly bent trailer hitch), I called the police department. They had a brief report of the accident, which mentioned the make and model of the car as being a Ford Expedition. I had them fax the report to the insurance agent. I also have an appointment Monday to have the damage to my car photographed (which so far as I can tell consists only of a broken front license plate holder thingy that has the dealer name on it where I bought the car).

Anyway, I am very pissed, at people for being so dishonest, and at myself for not getting out my camera and taking a picture of the other car when the accident happened!! But, hopefully my insurance company will be able to get to the bottom of it...

2 comments:

Mary said...

How frustrating! I hope you get to the bottom of it and the other guy gets screwed.

Kathleen said...

sick the cops on them! He deserves it! He doesn't know who he's messin' with!

Oh...and what's this "ya'll" crap? You from the south or something?