Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Fun Weekend



1. Becca would like to say "thank you" to Grandma for the cute clothes she sent her last week -- thanks Grandma!

2. I took the kids to Old Navy with me Saturday morning, trying to find myself some shorts and t shirts - Rebecca ran around the store shrieking, and Ben pulled down a mannequin's shirt to "look at her boobies". (Children? What children? I didn't bring any children in here...)

3. We had friends over for dinner Saturday night, who Becca referred to as "People." Where are People? I want People to play with me. There were actually 4 Peoples, two of the grownup variety and two of the child variety, and the four kids played great together while the grownups drank and talked and drank some more. We had Make Your Own Sundaes for the kids for dessert, and the kids managed to use an entire can of whipped cream in creating their concoctions. It was a very fun evening.

4. This morning we headed for the pool, then home for lunch, and one of Ben's friends called to invite him over to play. Love it when that happens. Joel dropped Ben off, I put Rebecca down for her nap, and we had almost THREE HOURS of peace and quiet. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY! How great is that? Then Joel's parents came over for a barbecue, so we ended the day with more food and more fun!

No comments: