Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dear Weekend, Please Hurry Up

So yesterday not only was Caroline still home from day care, but our home internet and phone service went out. So I took Caroline to B&N for the morning and tried to get some work done, and then gave up at 1pm because I did not want to keep her in her car seat all day (and she wouldn't've let me even if I'd wanted to). I took the rest of the afternoon off, and scheduled a service technician to come fix our phone/internet, which fortunately was up and running again by the evening.

Today Caroline went back to day care, where so far hopefully she is remaining diarrhea-free (I hope? They have not called me...) My life has been complicated today by not one, not two, but THREE showing requests for today. For the two afternoon ones, I put the dog in her crate on the back porch and relocated myself to Barnes & Noble. I hope she doesn't spazz -- I have never left her at home for a showing before. Tomorrow we have another showing in the morning, but tomorrow should be easier because a) I took the day off and b) I am going to send Clara to camp for the day. Ben's off tomorrow for the start of his spring break, so he and I will just find something to do together for the morning.

Regarding the quest for a house, negotiations on our neighbor's house stalled out for a bit, but resumed again today with the presentation of our final-final offer (not to be confused with our final offer, on Tuesday). In the meanwhile I visited a couple of much more expensive houses in a different neighborhood and satisfied myself that a) they still weren't perfect and b) I really do love our neighborhood and would much rather stay there.

Joel's trip to Minneapolis (after getting off to a questionable start when he left his carry-on on the plane) seems to be going smoothly, and he will be home tomorrow. Tomorrow, please get here soon! This week has been rough :P

No comments: