Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's New

The last few days have not been very eventful. Ben's football practice for Saturday was rescheduled to Monday night because of rain, and Monday night meant I had to take all 3 kids to football practice by myself and since it was cold and getting dark I stayed in the car with Rebecca and Caroline while Ben practiced with his team on the field. Staying in the car was rather annoying because I could not park close enough to the field to have a good view, and because I had to take Rebecca to the bathroom twice. Then I kept having to walk over to the field to check if they were done practice yet because I didn't want Ben to walk back to the car by himself in the dark. So basically I spent an hour walking back and forth from the field to the car to the bathroom and back. Fun stuff.

Joel and I decided that if we can't sell our house, we'll rent it, since the rental market is supposedly very strong right now and houses in our neighborhood rent within a day or two. So says the rental agency Joel talked to anyway. So we decided that we will start looking for a house to buy, taking our time, and after we find it, successfully purchase it, and know the closing date, we will line up a renter if we have not sold this house by that time. (We've had 5 showings and the feedback every time is either that the kitchen is too small or that they don't like the overall layout). So this afternoon we're going to go look at a few properties, though nothing I am overly optimistic about I think. I think it might take a while to find everything we're looking for.

I am beginning the dreaded Back to Work countdown -- only a week and a half of maternity leave left!!

No comments: