Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dry County

Charlotte seems to be running out of gasoline. Neither of the stations I usually fill up at had any this morning. Fortunately I was not actually looking for gas, because I have about half a tank. (My gas guzzling SUV should run a few more days on this). However I am slightly worried about Joel's car, which has less than half a tank, is driven more than mine, and Joel tends to wait till the gas light to come on before going in search of gas. Joel's parents report having had to visit 6 stations yesterday before they found any. According to this newspaper article, relief is on the way... I sure hope so. A city without gas for even a short period of time is not something I wish to experience. It's already making me nervous.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I heard the same thing about Atlanta. I think the no gas is a southern thing? We all have gas up here.