Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again

It's that time of year again -- the time when I suddenly realize that half of Ben's clothes don't fit him any more. He has been wearing nothing but shorts and t shirts for a good four months now at least, and since he is so skinny a lot of his shorts from last summer still fit him for this summer. I bought him some new t shirts, and a couple new pairs of shorts at the beginning of the summer but otherwise we've been all set.

Then the other day Ben complained that he gets cold at preschool during naptime (even though he has a blanket) and asked if he could bring a sweatshirt. I said sure, and brought out one of his sweatshirts from last winter. When he put it on I noticed his wrists were sticking way out of the sleeves. So I went out the next day and bought him a really big sweatshirt.

Now this morning was the first day it has been cool enough for long pants since at least May. (70 and raining today). So I dressed him in a t shirt and a pair of size 5 jeans that had plenty of room to grow in them last spring, and noticed they have absolutely no room to grow in them any more. They cover his ankles when he's standing but they don't touch the tops of his sneakers anymore.

I see a shopping trip coming soon in my future... afraid to know how his long sleeved shirts from last winter will fit him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a growing boy! He must be eating more than crackers and cheerios...unlike Becca! :)
Have fun shopping!