Thursday, July 19, 2012

Another Hectic Day...

So yesterday instead of picking my 3 kids up and taking Ben to tutoring after camp, I ended up picking them up + 2 more, my friend Joanna's two older boys, since her car died and she was stuck at the dealership trying to buy a new one. So instead of 3 kids at the library, I had 5! While Ben did his tutoring the other kids played on the computers (well except for Caroline, who played with her toes. And her tongue). Then back to my house where we ordered pizza and then eventually delivered the boys back to their mom. Then I had to catch up on work stuff for a solid 2 hours while Joel got the kids to bed.

 I am pretty sure I went to bed around 10, but I was so tired by that point I don't much remember it. I was awoken at 1am by Caroline screaming her head off, and after checking on her and finding nothing amiss I decided I had better just let her cry, so that she can get back into her normal good sleeping habits, which have been totally screwed up along with being sick last week. Since Joel and I are going to be away next weekend, I don't want the babysitter to have to deal with a screaming baby in the middle of the night!

And boy, did she scream, and kick her fat little legs so hard that the ceiling shook. And I closed all the kids bedroom doors and watched TV for 2 hours (Joel missed all this because he had to be at work at 7 this morning so went to bed early upstairs in the bonus room).

Fun stuff.

This morning she had an appointment with the OT, who pronounced that she will have outgrown her helmet in 2 weeks, so she has 2 more weeks of helmet-wearing, and her head, while not perfect, is more or less perfect enough to pass inspection, she thinks. So with that resounding endorsement, we are counting down the final 2 weeks of helmet-wearing! She does want me to get a second opinion from the pediatrician about whether or not she thinks her head is good enough, or does she (god forbid) need a second helmet.

And now, back to work...

No comments: