Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Triple Whammy

Caroline started barking like a seal a little bit this morning, and by the end of the day she was barking like a seal a lot and had a 102 fever. I met Joel at the pediatric urgent care clinic, and he took Ben and Becca out to dinner while I got Caroline checked out. She has an ear infection, croup, AND bronchialitis. She got a steroid shot for the croup, a nebulizer treatment for the wheezing caused by the broncialitis, and a prescription for antibiotics for her ear. We also got a prescription for 2 more doses of oral steroids and an inhaler in case she starts wheezing again. I brought her home, picked up her prescriptions, got a cool mist humidifier going in her room... But I can still hear her starting to cough again. I am afraid it's going to be a long night.

No comments: