Monday, August 25, 2008

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Well, gone Wednesday, that is.

Since we have new living room furniture coming on Thursday, and Joel is on a mission to buy a new TV this week also (one of his favorite pasttimes), I listed the broken big screen TV and the old couches on craigslist this morning. The TV I put as free to whoever could come pick it up (didn't think charging for a broken TV would get many takers) and the couches I listed for a nominal price ($100 for the pair). By noon I had both deals done, including cash in hand for the couches. Joel thinks I could have gotten more for them, but I was more interested in making sure I could get rid of them quickly, before the new stuff arrives.

Anyway, the couches and TV are both scheduled to be picked up Wednesday. Perfect timing. Joel is now scheming about what else we have that he might be able to sell on craigslist.

No comments: