Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Dorky Car Seat Post Part 2

Although I am fairly certain that no one cares but me, I did promise an update on Ben's new booster seat. Well, here it is (though getting a picture with Ben actually in it is asking too much). So far the verdict is, well, so far so good. Attaching it to the latch anchors was not quite as easy as advertised, partially because my car's latch anchors are well-buried in the crease between the seat back and bottom, and partially because I installed the seat a couple of hours after my thumb-bashing/fainting episode last Wednesday and so I was rather handicapped at the time. After a lot of shoving, it did "click" into place as advertised, though.

It seems comfortable so far and the seat belt seems like it falls correctly across Ben's shoulder, and I am thrilled with how much less room in the car it takes up than Ben's old high-backed seat. Now there is room for a human-sized being (even an adult one!) to sit in between Ben and Rebecca, if necessary. Very exciting to have reclaimed part of the back seat... sigh... yes I know, I need to get out more... I have a very low threshold for excitement these days.

No comments: