Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nothing to Write Home About

The weekends that Joel has to work are usually pretty boring, but this one was ultra-boring. I spent most of it at home with the kids doing nothing in particular. Ben (and I, by virtue of proximity) spent a lot of time watching the Phineas and Ferb marathon on Toon Disney (actually a pretty funny show...) and Becca spent a lot of time trying to run the cat over with her walker-thingy, which she has gotten quite good at wielding. (Since she apparently has the balance and coordination to push it all over at top speed, turning on a dime to chase the fleeing cat, why does she not have the balance and coordination to stand for even 10 seconds without holding onto anything? Much less walk without holding onto anything? A question for another day).

The high point of my weekend was finally getting a Costco membership (had been meaning to do this for like a year now) and stocking up on diapers and wipes. I was very happy to see that the diapers and wipes are half the price at Costco as they are at the grocery store, for the same brands. I was even happier to see that Costco sells gasoline, and it was $1.91/gallon this morning. I was so excited that I filled up the tank even though I had another 2 days probably before I would have really needed to. I can't remember the last time I paid less than $2 for a gallon of gas. Very exciting stuff. (Yes it is pretty pathetic that I am using the word "exciting" to talk about cheap gas and diapers, but admit it... you'd be excited too especially if you have a gas-guzzling car and a diaper-guzzling baby like I have).

No comments: